A team from Princeton University set out to prove once and for all the Diebold voting machines could be hacked easily. Not only did they prove this to be a fact, they created a Diebold specific virus that spreads from voting machine to voting machine.
You can find out more information about the work they did and download a full PDF report on the security vulnerability at this link http://itpolicy.princeton.edu/voting/ This video just reinforces exactly how vulnerable these machines are, and once you take into consideration the fact that these machines are effectively controlling the American Election, it looks even more scary! As always, for the latest news from the world of technology, gadgets, electronics and hacking visit: HACK
With eight days to go before the presidential election, a report has been released by Princeton University and other groups that sharply criticizes the e-voting machines used in New Jersey and elsewhere as unreliable and potentially prone to hacking.The 158-page report, which was ordered by a New Jersey judge as part of an ongoing four-year legal fight over the machines, says the e-voting machines can be "easily hacked" in about seven minutes by anyone with basic computer knowledge. Such hacking activity could enable fraudulent firmware to steal votes from one candidate and give them to another, the report said.The controversy involves the Sequoia AVC Advantage 9.00H direct-recording electronic (DRE) touch-screen voting machines made by Oakland, Calif.-based Sequoia Voting Systems.The report comes amid news stories in at least three states -- West Virginia, Texas and Tennessee -- where voters have told local election officials that they believe the e-voting machines they used tried to "flip" their votes to other candidates.The AVC machines can be hacked by installing fraudulent software contained in a replacement chip that can be installed on the main circuit board, according to the report. Such a part replacement is very difficult to detect, it noted.Andrew Appel, a Princeton University computer science professor who is one of the authors of the report, said that such security vulnerabilities cause doubts about the accuracy and reliability of the machines.
--Princeton Report Rips N.J. E-voting Machines as Easily Hackable
- When a citizen records a vote, the machine spits out TWO identical paper receipts indicating how the citizen voted.
- The citizen looks over the receipt while STILL in the booth; if everything is OK, he presses the final SUBMIT key/button on the voting machine itself! If everything is NOT ok, he protests the result and threatens to call the 'election cops' if nothing is done.
- The voter now has TWO IDENTICAL RECEIPTS! He/she leaves one behind in a big 'lock box' designed to receive all paper ballots, i.e, one of the two identical receipts.
- The VOTER retains the second receipt against the eventuality that the election is challenged.
- If the election is contested, a hand count is conducted of all deposited 'receipts' left behind in the big lock box.
It is conceivable that the 'receipt' be machine readable. In that case, a hand count of all receipts would be mandatory if the results of the machine do not match the count of deposited receipts left in a 'lock box'.
A final point: a new federal law should prescribe the above remedy as a standard in all federal elections. US Codes should create the crime of 'election fraud' to be defined in numerous clauses and specifically mandating the above procedure. The 'hacking' of any machine utilized in a national election should be addressed in the law which would make such 'hacking' a federal offense with severe mandatory hard jail time!
In the meantime, John McCain is predicting he will win the election by winning Pennsylvania! This tells me that McCain is planning to steal the election just as Bush stole Ohio.
With any luck, McCain will be sorely disappointed. It may no longer be possible to win the White House by winning --or stealing --a couple of the so-called 'battleground' states --Ohio, Pennsylvania or Florida. Because Obama has many more ways than Kerry to get to 270, the outright theft of the election also becomes increasingly problematic for the GOP.
Did Tom Brokaw accidentally spill the beans about the vote-rigging in 2004 in Ohio?On Meet the Press, Brokaw interviewed McCain, and shared this rather suspicious memory:Brokaw: "Four years ago, I interviewed President Bush at a time when it looked like he may be in trouble against John Kerry — the final weekend of the campaign. I showed him a map. He said, 'Oh, I just don't do that. Karl Rove does that.' As soon as the interview was over, he said, 'I'll win here,' and pointed to southeastern Ohio. Where will you win, if you win?Why was Bush so convinced he was going to win Ohio? Even though he was down in all the polls, and was way down in all the exit polling on Election Day?And, more to the point, why is McCain still pouring so many resources and so much time into Pennsylvania? --Daily Kos
We can only hope that Obama will have his 'detectives' out in force. Support efforts to round up and imprison GOP vote cheats, frauds and other criminals! Take back America!
GOP, Bush, Evil, Tyranny
- Bush's Conspiracy to Create an American Police State: Part I, Police States Begin With False Flag Attacks
- Bush's Conspiracy to Create an American Police State: Part II, A Climate of Fear is Maintained
- Bush's Conspiracy to Create an American Police State: Part III, In Fascist Dictatorships Telling the truth becomes a crime
- Bush's Conspiracy to Create an American Police State: Part IV, the state forces an 'existential' choice
- Bush's Conspiracy to Create an American Police State: Part V, Public Opinion Becomes Irrelevant
- Bush's Conspiracy to Create an American Police State: Part VI, The government places itself above the law
- Bush's Conspiracy to Create an American Police State: Part VII, The Government Denies 'Due Process of Law'
- Bush's Conspiracy to Create an American Police State Part VIII: Atrocities are justified with lies, myths or propaganda
GOP, Bush, Evil, Tyranny
Spread the word