Of these three propositions the first two contradict the defeatist attitude of revolutionaries or pseudo-revolutionaries who remain inactive and take refuge in the pretext that against a professional army nothing can be done, who sit down to wait until in some mechanical way all necessary objective and subjective conditions are given without working to accelerate them. As these problems were formerly a subject of discussion in Cuba, until facts settled the question, they are probably still much discussed in America. Naturally, it is not to be thought that all conditions for revolution are going to be created through the impulse given to them by guerrilla activity. It must always be kept in mind that there is a necessary minimum without which the establishment and consolidation of the first center is not practicable.It says a lot about Bush's 'America' that when Che says it, it's considered radical. But it is not given a second thought when, in fact, we have in his own words the same thing said by Thomas Jefferson.
People must see clearly the futility of maintaining the fight for social goals within the framework of civil debate. When the forces of oppression come to maintain themselves in power against established law; peace is considered already broken.
--Guerilla Warfare, Che Guevara
That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.Bush has already assumed the power to wage war on the American people, claiming and aggressively exercising, the "right to use any and all war powers against American citizens within the United States". Like any other tin-horn dictator he insists that he is above all restraints by Congress and the courts. See: Glenn Greenwald: The NSA Fight Begins - Strategies for Moving Forward When Bush says that the "Constitution is just a Goddamned piece of paper", he aligns himself with Hitler, Mussolini, Mao -- "state absolutists", fascists, and radical communists. Simply, he has declared war on the American people, our Constitution, the Bill of Rights, Democracy and freedom. The peace is already broken. The war has begun. It is time to evaluate the situation.
--Thomas Jefferson, Declaration of Independence
- Criminals and traitors have seized power illegitimately and operate outside the law i.e, the Constitution so hated by Bush. So far, this gang of crooks have had nothing to fear from the impeachment process though there is probable cause to try Bush himself for capital crimes. As Bush jokes about remaining in power past his term, Americans as well as Iraqis are brutalized without charges, trial or representation. Under Bush, jackbooted thugs may not bother accusing you of a crime. They need only 'define' you as a terrorist. You will not get a phone call, a lawyer, a trial. You are a terrorist because Bush says you are and he has decreed that he does not have to make a case against you. See: Police Atrocities Define the Bush Police StateTasers, Torture and Terror Tactics: America Becomes a Police State
- Bush continues to justify his assault upon the Bill of Rights, the Constitution, indeed, the rule of law itself with one word: terrorism. But, in fact, his "War on Terror" is as big a lie as was the official 911 conspiracy theory and the uncountable lies that were told to the United Nations about Iraq: The proposition that terrorism is the inevitable result of imperial aggressions explains Bush incompetent economic policies as well as America's fascist tilt. That terrorism is always worse under GOP regimes is a demonstrable, statistical fact. The CIA creates terrorism two ways by indulging it as a tactic and by inspiring it with its excesses. The legacy of Blackwater USA, an international terrorist organization, will have inspired generations of "terrorists" resorting to a tactic against which top down fascist regimes are impotent.
- Bush has abrogated or violated every provision of the US Bill of Rights, arguably the most important document standing between you and tyrannous dictatorship! Well, under Bush, it no longer stands between you and dictatorship. [See: Bush's War on the Bill of Rights]
- Bush has put himself above the rule of law even as he denied you the benefit and the protections that are your under the law! There is a name for this. Dictatorship!
The Bush administration has been frightening in the way it has nullified lawsuits against its actions. The Justice Department simply laughed at attempts of the ACLU to get lists of detained suspects through lawsuits in early 2002.6 Ellen Mariani’s lawsuit against the Bush administration, accusing it of foreknowledge of, and failure to act on, September 11, may seem to many like the material of a conspiracy theory, but we can be fairly sure that the question will never go to a jury. Quite recently, an ACLU legal challenge against the Patriot Act became news after being silenced for three weeks by the Patriot Act.
--Anthony Gregory, Bush’s War on the Bill of Rights
- In fact, a majority of Americans Support a 911 Investigation of Bush/Cheney
I was just reading a post about how Americans need another civil war. This got me to thinking about there being a better way. American's need to go on strike. Quit your jobs. The corporations and government make money from us working. They depend on it. If we are slaves like some have said then just stop. Stop working, stop consuming. Just stop. Of course it won't work if just a handful participate. We have to beat them at their own game. In fact, lets ALL go on welfare. Let's take money from them. (Them being the gov't and corporate scabs that continue to work.)
I think I have said this before with little response but I would like to put it in it's own thread so I can get more minds chipping away at it. Please help me tinker with this idea. How can we make it work? Or tell me how it is doomed to fail so I can get over this and move on to something else. ***Please put some thought into your posts. I really don't want people just posting how stupid I am and how this will never work without an explanation of why.*** Okay, I'm putting on my turtle shell now to protect myself from the hurtful words that I'm probably going to have to endure.... here goes. Post comments here or go to original thread here.
--stellawayten Americans Need To Go On Strike!
AMERICA, GO ON STRIKE!