Bush claims that Iran's actions "threaten the security of nations everywhere." That's not fair. I said the same of Bush first! Bush is a clear and present danger to Western Civilization, the greatest such danger since Adolf Hitler. Face up to it. Truly civilized folk must surely desire an end to the absurdities of both radical Islam and radical Christianity. A plague o' both their houses.
Former NATO Supreme Allied Commander General Wesley Clark
Former NATO Supreme Allied Commander General Wesley Clark
I am sick and tired of hearing Democrats debate Bush's "conduct" of what is, in fact, a war crime, a crime against humanity. Democrats, get a clue! You cannot debate the "conduct" of an immoral war. You are either for Bush's campaign of world conquest or you are for freedom and civilization. You cannot be both.
Especially worrisome are exclusive reports from Raw Story: Bush may launch surprise attack on Iran.
The paper, "Considering a war with Iran: A discussion paper on WMD in the Middle East" – written by well-respected British scholar and arms expert Dr. Dan Plesch, Director of the Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy of the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS) at the University of London, and Martin Butcher, a former Director of the British American Security Information Council (BASIC) and former adviser to the Foreign Affairs Committee of the European Parliament – was exclusively provided to Raw Story late Friday under embargo.Bush is insane, unaccountable and out of control. A rogue. Unless he is impeached, charged, tried and sentenced for the capital crimes that should be charged him now, Bush will, indeed, wage war on Iran. Bush needs desperately to pump new life into his moribund, failed "war on terror", now bogged down in quagmire in Iraq. Bush plans are simple and simple minded. He hopes to provoke Iran to retaliate against both Israel and the US, nothing less than a neocon pre text for a wider oil war to encompass the entire Middle East. There will be a term for this: World War III.
...The study concludes that the US has made military preparations to destroy Iran’s WMD, nuclear energy, regime, armed forces, state apparatus and economic infrastructure within days if not hours of President George W. Bush giving the order. The US is not publicizing the scale of these preparations to deter Iran, tending to make confrontation more likely. The US retains the option of avoiding war, but using its forces as part of an overall strategy of shaping Iran’s actions.
When asked why the paper seems to indicate a certainty of Iranian WMD, Plesch made clear that "our paper is not, repeat not, about what Iran actually has or not."
- Any attack is likely to be on a massive multi-front scale but avoiding a ground invasion. Attacks focused on WMD facilities would leave Iran too many retaliatory options, leave President Bush open to the charge of using too little force and leave the regime intact.
- US bombers and long range missiles are ready today to destroy 10,000 targets in Iran in a few hours.
- US ground, air and marine forces already in the Gulf, Iraq, and Afghanistan can devastate Iranian forces, the regime and the state at short notice.
- Some form of low level US and possibly UK military action as well as armed popular resistance appear underway inside the Iranian provinces or ethnic areas of the Azeri, Balujistan, Kurdistan and Khuzestan. Iran was unable to prevent sabotage of its offshore-to-shore crude oil pipelines in 2005.
- Nuclear weapons are ready, but most unlikely, to be used by the US, the UK and Israel. The human, political and environmental effects would be devastating, while their military value is limited.
- Israel is determined to prevent Iran acquiring nuclear weapons yet has the conventional military capability only to wound Iran’s WMD programmes.
- The attitude of the UK is uncertain, with the Brown government and public opinion opposed psychologically to more war, yet, were Brown to support an attack he would probably carry a vote in Parliament. The UK is adamant that Iran must not acquire the bomb.
- The US is not publicizing the scale of these preparations to deter Iran, tending to make confrontation more likely. The US retains the option of avoiding war, but using its forces as part of an overall strategy of shaping Iran’s actions.
The timing of Bush's latest bellicose campaign comes at a time his numbers are at their lowest. It was in May that Bush fell into the twenties poll-wise.
President Bush’s job-approval rating has fallen to its lowest mark of his presidency, according to a new Harris Interactive poll. Of 1,003 US adults surveyed in a telephone poll, 29% think Mr. Bush is doing an “excellent or pretty good” job as president, down from 35% in April and significantly lower than 43% in January. Approval ratings for Congress overall also sank, and now stand at 18%.Bush is motivated to stir up the middle east. If what Bush says about Iran is a lie, then Bush will have simply committed another act of naked aggression, another count in the growing indictment against him.
Two things are at stake: the world's richest oil fields and Bush's position of power. Why does a "lame duck" consider committing this nation to a wider, longer war that may last indefinitely? What are Bush's plans? Habeas Corpus has been shelved already. What is left but such a declaration of national emergency? Bush will simply declare his dictatorship and call off the elections.
Bush may envision sicking around past the date of his enforced retirement to supervise a new and perpetual, never-ending war in hopes that it spread beyond the borders the Middle East. Anyone who has bothered to read the Project for the New American Century will understand the mindset, the modus operandi of what are more properly called neo-Nazis.
I am not disappointed in Bush, the GOP, or the rabid neocons. I had no better expectations of them. It is, rather, the Democrats who have become a source of never ending disappointment and despair. Certainly, the Anthrax attacks on Daschle and Leahy had the desired effects. Opposition to Bush is anemic, almost apologetic, gutless. Alas, there are no white knights, no Jim Dandys, no firm-jawed heroes waiting in the wings. We are fucked!
- Bush warns Iran over insurgents
- Leo Strauss, Fascist Godfather of the Neo-Cons
- Call at National Guard conference for U.S. withdrawal from Iraq greeted with standing ovation
- 47 million Americans are uninsured
- Iran's Very Bad N-Word
- Last Days of the American Republic
The Existentialist Cowboy
GOP Crime Syndicate
Spread the word: