Bush never represented the people of this country. He represented a handful of billionaires and richer for whom the US was a cow to be milked, a pool of cheap labor to be enslaved, an entire continent of suckers to whom they would sell a Ponzi scheme called 'supply-side economics' otherwise known as 'trickle-down theory', otherwise known as 'free enterprise'!
First George W. Bush laid waste to the great Lonestar State of Texas.[See: 'Corporate Prisons': the GOP's Formula for More Crime, Declining Education, and Slave Labor; Texas: The Gulag Wasteland Bush Left Behind ] The US in his wake is an economic ruin, his 'base' of rich, elite vultures feeding upon the carcass.
The state of the US economy had been planned and, sure enough, the GOP and its base of co-conspirators have enriched themselves upon the economic misfortunes of every American who is now hard-pressed by yet another GOP 'depression'. As commenter Damien pointed out in early November:
Al Martin says that the inside money (especially the GOP faithful) are investing big time in oil puts. Their belief is that oil will decline by $20-$30 a barrel causing several nations to default on their international debts. He insists that the next 9 months or so will bring massive meltdown. He's not alone. Another commenter I have always found tremendously helpful on this is Karl Denninger at Market Ticker. Just saying, the nightly financial media bromides are pure fantasy, this is the mother of all meltdowns coming. Hope you're getting on well despite the impending gloom. Perhaps your great commentary on the criminality of this Bush regime is getting through where it matters but sadly it may be too little too late for most Americans.Many of those executing those 'puts' may have earlier made fortunes short-selling AA and UA stocks just prior to 911. Unlike the Mikado, I cannot imagine a punishment that adequately fits the many crimes and atrocities perpetrated upon the people of the United States by the GOP in cahoots with the Bush family crime syndicate. Honestly, I don't have the time or the energy to list every GOP/Bush crime or outrage. Will you settle for the short list, a Carvellian 'quick response'? If so, here goes:
- Bush turned the US into a debtor nation as Ronald Reagan and Bush Sr had done before him. We should call the current 'financial crisis' what is really is: a heist! It is the deliberate GOP bankruptcy of the United States. Significantly Bush's 'bailouts' are rewards, pay backs to the crooks and GOP accomplices who brought it all about. Like 'trickle down tax cuts', most if not all of the 'bailouts' have wound up in offshore tax havens. You have been robbed!
- GOP 'outsourcing' reduced the US to 'third world' status. The 'current account' measures the value of US imports vis a vis its exports. The ratio often reflects the financial health of a nation, in this case, the US. According to the CIA, the US 'current account balance puts the US at the very bottom of a list of nations with a NEGATIVE balance of $-731,200,000,000. That's NEGATIVE 731 BILLION dollars. China tops the list in the black with $ 372 billion. The US position mirrors that of China but more so! [See: Rank Order - Current Account Balance.]
If the US net investment position continues to turn more negative, prospects increase that the positive US net income receipts will turn negative as US income payments overwhelm US income receipts. In such a case, the US economy will experience a net economic drain as income that could be used to finance new US businesses and investments will be sent abroad to satisfy foreign creditors. Such a drain likely will be small at first relative to the overall size of the CRS-14 10 Weisman, Steven R., A Fear of Foreign Investments. The New York Times, August 21, 2007. economy, but it could grow rapidly if the economy continues to import large amounts of foreign capital.
--CRS Report for Congress, The United States as a Net Debtor Nation: Overview of the International Investment Position [PDF]
- Bushco looted the US Treasury and the combined wealth of everyone not a member of his 'base' --a tiny elite of the super, super rich. It was deliberate. A gang of GOP crooks, not content to loot the US Treasury, deliberately impoverished millions of Americans with a calculated and predictable program of unfair taxation from which only the top one percent of the nation benefited. This one percent now owns more than some 90 percent of everyone else. This is the mechanism by which Reagan, Bush Sr and Bush the lesser made their 'pay off' to GOP elites for their support. As the utterly failed Bush debacle wound down, the GOP conspired with banks and Wall Street to loot the nation, grabbing what had not been nailed down, grabbing whatever had not been stolen and funneling to banks billions of dollars under the rubric of a bailout! One wonders --how many of your dollars are now in someone else's bank account offshore? Simply, 'tax cuts' which benefit only the tiny elites is just a fancied, government approved money laundering scheme. It's the perfect cover for political 'payoffs'. The 'bailout' --we were to suppose --would just 'trickle down'. But like all those other GOP 'trickle down' frauds, this one got hijacked by the privileged elites. That was by design. I believe the money has been largely pissed away and stolen. There is no rational defense of 'elitism'. GOP elitism is why we are where we are and where we are is NOT where we ought to be!
- Terrorism is Worse Under GOP Regimes. GOP polices and most prominently those of Ronald Reagan and Bush Jr made the US a target of real terrorists, not merely the hired CIA 'assets' who pulled off 911 for the axis of Mossad/CIA. Also see: NTSB Flight Data: Flight 77 Could Not Have Crashed into the Pentagon
- The Bush administration is complicit in an act of mass murder, high treason and terrorism. 911!
- George W. Bush committed Capital Crimes for which he must be held to account.
(a) Offense.— Whoever, whether inside or outside the United States, commits a war crime, in any of the circumstances described in subsection (b), shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for life or any term of years, or both, and if death results to the victim, shall also be subject to the penalty of death.Bush, Rumsfeld, Cheney, Rice and numerous others in his administration should be indicted, arrested, incarcerated and made to stand trial for these and a myriad of other charges, having to do with the war of naked aggression against Iraq and numerous other frauds perpetrated upon the American people.
--US Codes, TITLE 18 > PART I > CHAPTER 118 > § 2441
§ 2441. War crimes
Half of the bank bailout is being paid out as dividends ! These bastards are shameless!US banks getting more than $163 billion from the Treasury Department for new lending are on pace to pay more than half of that sum to their shareholders, with government permission, over the next three years.